[openssl-users] minor documentation errors

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Sat May 9 18:44:50 UTC 2015

Hello list!

After getting into building and especially configuring my own CA again
I'm nearly at the end and I've noticed some errors in the
documentation I want to report.

1) On https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/ca.html for the -md option not
all possible values (sha256, sha384, etc.) are list but just md5, sha1
and mdc2
2) On https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/req.html for the -[digest]
option not all possible values are listed
3) On https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/req.html the option -subj is
listed twice with a slightly different explanation
4) On https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/req.html for the default_md
option not all possible values are listed (shouldn't this reference
the -[digest] option)
5) On https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509.html not all available
options are listed in -md2|-md5|-sha1|-mdc2

I also would like to ask if there's a newer version (or subtree) of
openssl that is cleaned up. Currently there are many ways of creating
a CSR, signing a certificate, etc. I think this is confusing
everybody.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Ben