[openssl-users] Stand alone AES-CTR module

Lewis Rosenthal lgrosenthal at 2rosenthals.com
Tue May 12 04:24:42 UTC 2015

Hi, all...

I think it wise to go back to the OP's stated objective, to create "an
independent to libraries source code for demonstration purposes for
AES-CTR mode." The operative prepositional phrase here being "for
demonstration purposes."

Thus, whether it is wise to implement one's own crypto
library/engine/etc. in *production*, I see no particular reason why
learning from creating one as a demonstration or proof of concept (and
even providing such code here or elsewhere for critique) is such a bad
thing.

This list is replete with experienced practitioners. If this isn't a
good place to critique such a demonstration or proof of concept, perhaps
someone here knows of a better list (one perhaps not focused on using
OpenSSL in particular, say crypto.stackexchange.com - adn that is not an
endorsement, merely an example).

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS, EA