[openssl-users] OpenSSL Behaviour under low bandwidth

Martin Beynon mebeyn at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:16:00 UTC 2015

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your quick response.

It does...and I do wonder if it has something to do with the bandwidth
limiting / traffic shaping feature on the DrayTek router that I'm using to
simulate low bandwidth.

The reason I am looking at this now is because I'm experiencing some
customer issues in the wild, and the only common factor is low bandwidth...
So network issues seem unlikely, plus if I add some delay in my application
to slow the rate at which I feed data to openssl the problem goes away, and
it only occurs below 150 kpbs (getting noticeably worse as I approach 56
kpbs).

Cheers,

Martin