[openssl-users] Thoughts about security, privacy, ...

Walter H. Walter.H at mathemainzel.info
Sun Nov 1 08:21:59 UTC 2015

On 31.10.2015 23:23, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Walter H. wrote:
>> give me a hint for finding S/MIME certificates, finding my own would be nice;
> You claim that clear-text OCSP requests are not a privacy issue.
yes ..., a security problem I mentioned in connection with stupid CAs
some posts before is the bigger problem ...
> So you should
> explain how you keep your *public*-key cert from being intercepted somewhere.
depends on the CA; a CA that has a directory public browseable in ithe
internet this is impossible,
in other words, the CA itself is the problem in this case;
> You can't.
really? try to find my S/MIME public key certificate ...
your "update" shows only SSL certificates; and as a said, SSL
certificates are not a problem ...

Greetings,
Walter