[openssl-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2d X509_verify_cert function does not work as used to with chain of certificates

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 07:23:08 UTC 2015

Hi Victor,

First thing kindly note that I am talking about *OpenSSL-1.0.1c* not about
OpenSSL 1.0.2c.

So far we were using *OpenSSL-1.0.1c* and server validation was working
fine. Recently we upgraded the OpenSSL library to *OpenSSL-1.0.2d. *

Also we have not done any modification to the SSL client application that
is using the OpenSSL library.

We started seeing server certificate validation failures only for chain of
certificate i.e.  roota->intermediate ca->id certificate.

We are not seeing any issues when only rootca->cerificate is used.

Regards
Jayalakshmi

Regards
Jayalakshmi