[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] Elliptical Cipher Suites

Thirumal, Karthikeyan KThirumal at inautix.co.in
Thu Oct 8 10:33:59 UTC 2015

Thank you - That helps !

Thanks & Regards
________________________
Karthikeyan Thirumal

-----Original Message-----
From: openssl-users [mailto:openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org] On Behalf Of Viktor Dukhovni
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 8:21 PM
To: openssl-users at openssl.org
Subject: Re: [openssl-users] [openssl-dev] Elliptical Cipher Suites

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 01:54:40PM +0000, Thirumal, Karthikeyan wrote:

> Vik

That's not my name.

> Am using 0.9.8a version. Am trying to fix few weak ciphers in my SSL
> connection and also to make Elliptical cipher suites enable.
> I see that ECDHE ciphers are elliptical - need more info on this.

ECC is not supported in OpenSSL 0.9.8.  You need at least OpenSSL 1.0.0, preferably 1.0.1 or 1.0.2, and 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 are end-of-life rather soon.

--
	Viktor.

This message and any files or attachments sent with this message contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or use any part of this email.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return Email.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, late, incomplete or may contain viruses.  The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email transmission.