[openssl-users] AES_KEY and AES_BLOCK_SIZE cannot be resolved

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Fri Oct 9 06:15:54 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 07:06, Sri Yogesh Dorbala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing a weird problem here.
>
> I wish to run a C program(works fine using gcc) on android. I have
> installed ndk for eclipse and have setup the basic things correctly. I
> have linked openssl library(.so files) to the project.
>
> I included "openssl/aes.h" header file. There are no errors shown
> there. Also, methods such as |AES_set_encrypt_key| aren't facing any
> issue but I am getting error at |AES_KEY / AES_BLOCK_SIZE| saying
> |type/symbol cannot be resolved|. How to fix this? Are these defined
> elsewhere in some other headers? Kindly let me know.

General reminders:

On Android, the OpenSSL copy included in the OS is not
an officially supported Android API, and App developers
are generally advised to compiler their own copy.

Also, recent versions of Android may or may not have
replaced vanilla OpenSSL by Google's modified BoringSSL.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com