[openssl-users] Cleanup and changing the malloc routines

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Sep 3 16:30:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 04:20:47PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

>     Remove {OPENSSL,CRYPTO}_strdup; use BUF_strdup.

My DANESSL library (used by Exim) uses OPENSSL_strdup.  Any reason
to not leave a compatibility #define behind?

There are likely other projects using that function.

[ Yes we're aiming to have native DANE support in OpenSSL 1.1.0,
and Exim can eventually switch to that, but it'll take time, and
initially there'll be Exim versions using external DANE validation
on top of OpenSSL 1.1.0. ]

--
	Viktor.