[openssl-users] Help needed on FIPS error 0409A09E:lib(4):func(154):reason(158).

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:44:00 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I have a question on FIPS. We have OpenSSL FIPS module integrated with our
product. We have an option to enable/disable FIPS at run time.  We are
executing the following openSSL API's every time when FIPS status changes.

{
We have mapped OpenSSL crypto locks to mutex intenally. Hence we delete it
and create it every time when FIPS status changes.
ERR_free_strings()
ERR_remove_state(0);
EVP_cleanup();
SSL_library_init()
SSLeay_add_all_algorithms()
}

Without executing this we are hitting the error,
error:0409A09E:lib(4):func(154):reason(158). I wanted to know if our
approach is correct?

Regards
Jayalakshmi