[openssl-users] X509 subject key identifier

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 21 22:29:02 UTC 2015

How can I programmatically get the Subject Key Identifier as a byte
array from an X509 certificate.

(Just to show that I tried before posting)

I would like the output as a byte array, not text, so tracing the
X509_print_fp() gave clues but not an answer.

I have the general sense that it's within x509->cert_info_extensions,
and that I use NID_subject_key_identifier to extract an extension from
the stack.  Then I perhaps get the ASN1 object from the extension and
from there the value.

Any leads?