[openssl-users] Building 1.0.2g with

Peter Hilton philton at overlandstorage.com
Fri Apr 1 21:16:06 UTC 2016

Jakob Bohm <jb-openssl at ...> writes:

> In 1.0.2 and later, most of the files in ${BUILD_DIR}/include/openssl
> are supposed to be copies/symlinks to file of the same name elsewhere
> in the OpenSSL source, for instance the ones you mentions should be
> links to files in subdirectories under ${BUILD_DIR}/crypt.
>
> However in your case, I suspect the following sequence of events:
>
> 1. configure or make depend sees that you have disabled some ciphers
>    and don't link header files for those ciphers.
>
> 2. Other parts of the OpenSSL source code blindly include those header
>    files because they used to be present in ${BUILD_DIR}/include/openssl
>    even when disabled, omitting them only (if at all) in the installed
>    files under ${INSTALL_DIR}/include/openssl
>
> If this theory holds, this would be a bug in the 1.0.2 tree, either
> in the build scripts or in the source files that include headers for
> disabled ciphers, whichever fix creates the smallest/simplest patch
> should be applied.

Hi,
   I am seeing the same problem with 0.9.8zh.
config with no-idea and the symlink to the idea.h header file is
not created.  This breaks the compile in multiple places in crypto.
make depend does not create the link when no-idea is configured.

We are building openssl inside a customised build environment so I simply
create the symlink after config is run and prior to running the compile.

Just my pennies worth

cheers
pete

pete hilton