[openssl-users] Is SHA hashing algorithm reversable?

James james.arivazhagan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 07:32:22 UTC 2016

Hello Sugumar,
There are sites that store the commonly used strings and hashed strings.
For example for hello sha2 hash is this
2cf24dba5fb0a30e26e83b2ac5b9e29e1b161e5c1fa7425e73043362938b9824

If you copy paste this in google, you would see hello

they dont do reverse of this hash but they hashed some commonly used
strings and kept in their DB, using this only they give the original string.

That is why we need to use a salt string along with your original string.

regards,
James