[openssl-users] FIPS 140-2 web site error

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Mon Apr 11 16:22:19 UTC 2016

If you neither know nor care what FIPS 140-2 is, this is your lucky day.
Avert your eyes and move on, nothing to see here.

The entry for the ancestral OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v2.0 validation,
#1747, on the NIST CMVP web site appears to be the victim of some sort
of clerical error:

  http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140val-all.htm#1747

As of the time of this message that entry is showing the vendor as
"Cleversafe, an IBM Company" instead of "OpenSSL Software Foundation".
That is wrong.

I'm assuming random error as April Fool's day is more than a week behind
us, and we haven't been offered the bazillion dollars and a pony it
would take for us to agree to relinquish that validation.

I've asked the accredited test lab to contact the CMVP to correct it.
Based on past experience that could take days to weeks.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Validation Services, Inc.