[openssl-users] Unable to load/add a dynamic engine

danigrosu dni.grosu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:26:29 UTC 2016

Hi. I am using the OpenSSL 1.0.1f and I built a RSA engine using CUDA code.
I want to load this engine dynamically, i.e. when I type /# openssl engine/,
I want
to see my engine id on the list, but all I see is this:
/(rsax) RSAX engine support
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support/ where the rsax is builtin

I have modified the openssl.cnf file by adding the following lines:
/openssl_conf = openssl_def
[openssl_def]
engines = engine_section

[engine_section]
foo = gpu_section

[gpu_section]
dynamic_path =
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openssl-1.0.0/engines/librsax_gpu.so
engine_id = rsax_gpu
default_algorithms = RSA
init = 1		/

I tried this: /# openssl speed rsa512 -engine rsax_gpu/ and everything went
well.

Please tell me why I can't load dynamically the engine?