[openssl-users] FIPS compile issue with Perl on Windows

Leaky tristan.leask at enghouse.com
Mon Apr 18 20:05:19 UTC 2016

>> plus you're constrained by the
>> requirements of the Security Policy to build the module with precisely
>> the commands:
>>
>>  gunzip -c openssl-fips-2.0.12.tar.gz | tar xvf -
>>  cd openssl-fips-2.0.12
>>  ./config
>>  make

Silly question... I know that you should only run the above commands, but
can you deviate from the unzip tool, i.e. use 7zip?

I managed to get it to work without editing anything, but I am now wondering
if my process to compile the FIPS canister is bad purely because i am
storing the deflated tarball on our SVN and using that uncompressed code to
build from.  Putting aside the fact that this is automated, and that it is
best to "run once and use many", should my script work with the raw tarball
straight from the web, and not a locally expanded copy?