[openssl-users] Build for Windows 2012 R2

Bossle, Jody joseph_bossle at baxter.com
Mon Apr 25 12:01:53 UTC 2016

I am attempting to build the OpenSSL dlls for Windows 2012 R2.  I have MS Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and ActivePerl installed.  During the "nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak" process I get an error message the "windows.h" file cannot be found.  I have several copies of "windows.h" on my computer: 1 each for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, and 2 for different versions of Window 10.  I'm assuming the Windows 8.1 version would be compatible with Windows 2012 R2, however I am not sure where to put the "windows.h" file so it will be picked up during the build.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

[cid:image001.png at 01D1331E.96FD6780]

Joseph A. Bossle III, "Jody"
Sr. Technical Consultant / Global Information Technology
Baxter International Inc.
One Baxter Parkway / Deerfield, Illinois 60015
T 224.270.3563  /  M 630.650.9413
joseph_bossle at baxter.com<mailto:john_sample at baxter.com>