[openssl-users] Checking for AES-NI accelration

Norm Green norm.green at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Aug 10 17:02:03 UTC 2016

I've been wondering how and when OpenSSL decides whether it can use the
new aes instructions?  Does it decide at build time or at run time?

If I build on a CPU that supports aes instructions but run on a cpu that
does not, will bad things happen?  Or is OpenSSL smart enough to call
functions implemented without aes instructions in that case?

Norm Green