[openssl-users] fips_premain.c bitcode for iOS

Brian Jost brian at virtru.com
Wed Aug 31 20:12:45 UTC 2016

We ran into an issue where we were selecting 'Include bitcode' when
submitting to apple and when doing ad-hoc builds. It seems doing this with
the fips_premain.c file included in the xcode compile sources phase causes
an instant crash on start up. What is the proper way to get past this
bitcode issue? If we select to NOT 'Include bitcode' the app doesn't crash.
I have narrowed this down to the fips_premain.c file by Including bitcode
but removing fips from the project and it working.