[openssl-users] Doubt about OpenSSL library initialization in an HTTP client application

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 03:00:25 UTC 2016

Thanks for replying!

I found two libraries at application's directory: libeay32.dll and
ssleay32.dll, both with file version 0.9.8.14 and product version 0.9.8n.

I totally agree about properly initializing the random number generator,
however I don't know how to do that yet. That code I'm using is a third
party Pascal binding for the OpenSSL C library, and I've noticed that many
other packages was based on that implementation too (eg:
https://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/blob/master/packages/openssl/src/openssl.pas#L4442
- it seems based on an old LibOpenSsl version).

The application I'm fixing uses the same file this link above, and I can
edit it without problems. I removed the line RAND_screen and now the
application initializes fast, but I'm not sure if it will turn my
application vulnerable.

If I get to solve it I will try some patch sharing it to the authors of
these bindings.

--
Silvio Clécio