[openssl-users] downgrading openssl

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Wed Dec 28 15:13:55 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 06:07:08PM +0330, Fateme Hajikarami wrote:

> but if I type "openssl version", it tells me again that :
> OpenSSL 1.1.1-dev  xx XXX xxxx

That's the unstable development version of OpenSSL and should only
be used for integration testing by O/S distribution and dependent
package maintainers.  It seems you have an "out of tree" version
of OpenSSL installed somewhere on your PATH.

Report the verbatim output of the commands below (executed in the
same shell in the below order):

    echo $PATH
    openssl version -a
    path=$(type -p openssl); echo $path
    pkg=$(dpkg -S $path | egrep ": $path" | sed 's/:.*//'); echo $pkg
    dpkg -l "$pkg" | grep '^i'

> How can I remove this??
> I dont wanna have this version of ssl on my ubuntu, how can I remove it?

Use an LTS version of Ubuntu, and don't install "out of tree" versions
of OpenSSL on your PATH.

--
	Viktor.