[openssl-users] FIPS Static Library linked into Win32 Dll builds but fails self test

Neptune pdrotter at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 2 18:54:41 UTC 2016

Thank you...that would explain why I'm suddenly having success when I give
our .dll a fixed address. Unfortunately, this is something we are trying to
avoid. Even more unfortunate is we are stuck with Win32 (at least for
another year) and linking to the executable is not a solution because the
dll must have the library since its functionality is called from more than
one executable and from a LUA interpreter and must be independent of other
processes.

It looks like fixed addressing is the only way we can accomplish this. At
the very least I've got a workable solution as long as I choose an address
that is very unlikely to be used.

Is there a strategy that the folks here employ to avoid address clashes?

Thanks,
Paul