[openssl-users] Changing the encoding in openssl

Bharathraj Shetty shetty.bharathraj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 03:41:23 UTC 2016

Hi champions,

I would like to use the openssl for encrypting the data and would like to
get the encrypted data in "hex" format rather than UTF-8 format.
Lets I have a bytes "90909090909090909090909090909090" i.e. of 16 bytes in
hex(each char takes 1 nibble when you load into memory). After encrypting i
should get the same number of bytes i.e. 16bytes (32 chars). and I would
like to get that out of encrypted bytes in "hex or binary" form. Is it
possible to get it that way?

Appreciate your help!!

regards,
Bharath