[openssl-users] Helps needed regarding the error "fingerprint does not match:fips.c:232:"

cloud force cloud.force858 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:48:54 UTC 2016

Hi All:

I built the FIPS modules on Ubuntu platform and was trying to build the
FIPS capable OpenSSL library.

The build went fine but when I ran the following test, the fingerprint
error showed up:

*OPENSSL_FIPS=1 openssl md5*

*139728296724128:error:2D06B06F:FIPS
routines:FIPS_check_incore_fingerprint:fingerprint does not
match:fips.c:232:*

Not sure what I did wrong here. I built the OpenSSL library using Ubuntu
OpenSSL package build script. I also attached the Makefile.

Any helps and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Rich