[openssl-users] Problem getting actual Client protocol version on server side

Gagandeep Singh Panesar gagandeep209 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:03:32 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

I am trying to retrieve client SSL protocol version in case of handshake
failure on server side but couldn't get actual protocol version.

Eg:
Server supports TLSv1.1 and client supports SSLv3.
When I query from client and try to decrypt client protocol it shows
TLSv1.2 but it should give SSLv3 as client protocol.

I am using SSL_get_version() to get client protocol.

How can I get actual protocol sent by client at server side...?

Thanks,
Gagandeep Singh Panesar