[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] Failed TLSv1.2 handshake with error 67702888--bad signature

Nounou Dadoun nounou.dadoun at avigilon.com
Sat Feb 27 02:23:36 UTC 2016

Thanks for the response,

I'm not sure what you're saying here other than TLS 1.2 client cert auth processing is different from TLS x (where x<1.2); I would assume that the range of mechanisms would expand to include more robust algorithms as time goes on.  However, here something is breaking backward compatibility with a client certificate that is still valid and otherwise correct as far as I can tell.  Our (many) deployed clients support TLSv1.2 and this certificate is widely distributed - we are trying to upgrade the server side from TLSv1 to TLSv1.2 and this appears to be a blocker.

Any recommendations?  I'm still not clear what it is about this certificate that fails in TLSv1.2; I would define a server callback for the certificate verification (I might experiment with that anyway) but it's not clear to me that it would call the callback if the signature is failing.

N.