[openssl-users] New opensssl sources with some missing files released on 2015-Dec-03

Pal, Kamal Kishor Kamalkishor.Pal at Polycom.com
Fri Jan 8 09:44:14 UTC 2016

Hi,
Any update on packaging errors mentioned in my previous mail..

Further we notice the extracted openssl source "include" directory does not have the header files as well.

Any plan from Openssl team to re-package and release again?

Regards,
Kamal

From: Pal, Kamal Kishor
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:20 PM
To: 'openssl-users at openssl.org'
Cc: Pal, Kamal Kishor
Subject: [openssl-users] New opensssl sources with some missing files released on 2015-Dec-03

Hi,
It seems the new openssl version source tar files released on 2015-Dec-03 has some missing files giving errors while untarring and compiling our application code.

We tried using "openssl-0.9.8zh" and "openssl-1.0.1q" version and observed following:

A.      openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz<https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz>

*         Untarring the source tar with Winrar in Windows7 gives 88 errors for 44 missing files.

*         Untarring on Linus also shows symbolic links of same 44 missing files.

*         Our Application build fails with new source files.

B.      openssl-1.0.1q.tar.gz<https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1q.tar.gz>

*         Untarring the source tar with Winrar in Windows7 gives 76 errors for 38 missing files.

Please refer the attachments for error details.

Links used for downloads are as under:
https://www.openssl.org/source/
ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

We are actually blocked with openssl upgrade to "openssl-0.9.8zh" due to erroneous packages released.
Could you please check the new openssl version packages of  "openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz<https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8zh.tar.gz>" and update the packages or suggest us alternatives, if any.

Regards,
Kamal