[openssl-users] Signing a csr with subjectAltName using x509 command

Gareth Williams gareth at garethwilliams.me.uk
Thu Jan 14 08:07:18 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 13 January 2016 16:22:10 Mauro Romano Trajber
wrote:
> In which section?
>
> On section [CA_default] I have 'copy_extensions = copy'

Is that the issue?  You have copy_extensions in the CA_default
section, which is no doubt referenced to by the default_ca = ... stanza
earlier in the config file.

My understanding is that this is only read when you use the openssl
ca command.  As you stated you're using the openssl x509 command
to sign your request, then this isn't being read.

Any reason you're not signing with the openssl ca command?  I've just
checked and it works as you expected when using this command.

Kind regards,

Gareth