[openssl-users] SSL version status

Nulik Nol nuliknol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:00:32 UTC 2016

Thanks for the link!
This says it all:
" o Implementations MUST NOT negotiate SSL version 2.

      Rationale: Today, SSLv2 is considered insecure [RFC6176].

   o  Implementations MUST NOT negotiate SSL version 3.

      Rationale: SSLv3 [RFC6101] was an improvement over SSLv2 and
      plugged some significant security holes but did not support strong
      cipher suites.
"