[openssl-users] Acessing a proxy with OpenSSL

Marcos Bontempo marcosbontempo at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:55:49 UTC 2016

Thanks for your answer!
Have you got a C example using the CONNECT request to the proxy?In this case I want to avoid NAT.
It helped a lot!Thanks.
To: openssl-users at openssl.org
From: ted at convey.de
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:47:48 +0100
Subject: Re: [openssl-users] Acessing a proxy with OpenSSL

    Am 28.01.2016 um 12:02 schrieb Marcos
      Bontempo:

        Hello,

        I'm using this example to make a SSL connection:
          http://fm4dd.com/openssl/sslconnect.htm.
        Now I want to also acess a HTTPS proxy. Is there a way to
          acess a HTTPS proxy with the OpenSSL library?

        Any tip will be very helpful,
        Thanks.

    See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS and
    http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.

    AFAIK OpenSSL does not provide specific support for SSL via proxy,
    but you can set up a SSL connection using the CONNECT request to the
    proxy.

    Using a proxy for SSL connection does not make sense if you want to
    take advantage of a proxy's caching feature, since these CONNECT
    requests cannot be cached. This is by design.

    Using a proxy for SSL can be useful if you want to avoid NAT, or
    want to log, or filter, the connection targets.

    Hope this helps,

    Ted

    ;)

    --