[openssl-users] Analyze why getting "The file is invalid for use as the following: Security Certificate"

o haya ohaya at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 12:56:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a certificate that I issued using a set of openssl commands and when I use "openssl x509" and "openssl verify" to look at it and verify it, it is ok.

Normally, when I take the certificate PEM with an extension of ".crt" or ".cer" in Windows, I can click on the file and the Windows certificate applet will open and I can view the cert.

But, on this one cert, I get the popup with the error in the Subject line, and I'm trying to figure out why this is?

I wanted to post the PEM to this list so someone might be able to review the cert, but I wanted to ask if that is permissible here?  It would be just the PEM for the cert and it would be just a test cert.

Thanks!

Jim