[openssl-users] Load secrets to context.

john gloster glosterj9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:55:42 UTC 2016

Thanks Victor.

Could you explain the reason in below cases? These are in cases when we use
both the APIs as mentioned above.

cert_file : Server's certifcate
chain_file: Complete certificate chain; starting with Server's certifcate,
followed by intermediate CA certificate and ending with Root CA certificate

Scenario 1 - Failing case

SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file() : Loaded cert_file
SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file() : Loaded chain_file

Test: When tried to connect to the server, only Server's certificate and
Root CA certificate were presented in the CERTIFICATE message of the
handshake; intermediate CA certificates were missing.

Scenario 2 - Successful case

SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file() : Loaded chain_file
SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file() : Loaded chain_file

Test: When tried to connect to the server, complete certificate chain was
presented in the CERTIFICATE message of the handshake.