[openssl-users] dtls record layer throughput test

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Jun 2 14:30:53 UTC 2016

On 02/06/16 14:28, Tudor-Dan Ambarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a throughput test for dtls record layer in openssl?
> I want to measure the performance of dtls record layer in openssl.
>
> I've used s_server and s_client to talk over dtls, but seems
> that they are only meant for functional testing.

Not really. s_time exists for TLS testing but unfortunately doesn't
support DTLS. There is also ssltest which isn't part of the installed
files but is contained in the test directory. That does have some DTLS
support and could *possibly* be used for this purpose - but both client
and server are in the same process and communication is in memory, not
via the network.