[openssl-users] Regarding FIPS capable openssl (I want to combine libcrypto.a and libssl.a)

Sahil Gandhi sahilgandhi87 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:59:39 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have built Openssl-fips-2.0.10.tar on* RHEL Linux* (*Same happens with
Solaris 10*). Then I built Openssl-1.0.1p using respective fips object
module (i.e. Openssl-fips-2.0.10.tar).

Once I have built Openssl-1.0.1p, libcrypto.a and libssl.a has been created.
I need to join these 2 libraries and make it one.

I am doing it using "ar" command as follows:

ar -x libssl.a
ar -x libcrypto.a

Then combine all .o files to make third library:
ar -r libnew.a *.o

But when i use this libnew.a in my sample(contain FIPS_mode_set(1)), it
compiles successfully but when execute the executable it throws error* finger
print does not match:fips.c:232*

 Plz help.
 I need to combine both libaries and make it one.

Any help/suggestion?

--
Sahil Gandhi