[openssl-users] SSL_accept error code

Yan, Bob BYan at visa.com
Tue Mar 8 01:04:50 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have a SSL server application which use SSL_accept to accept the connections from client, see the code below:

      int retcode = SSL_accept(mSsl);
      unsigned long error = SSL_get_error(mSsl, retcode);
      ERR_error_string_n(error, errmsg, sizeof(errmsg));

When something went wrong, for example Client connect server with ssl3 protocol (disabled), I get the error like this "error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)". Could somebody tell me that is there any way to have more detailed debug messages from openssl?

Thanks
Bob