[openssl-users] FIPS Performance Question

James M Takahashi jtakahashi2 at lenovo.com
Tue Mar 8 00:58:56 UTC 2016

https://www.openssl.org/docs/fipsnotes.html mentions the following:

      As a result of the POST performance issue we revisited the KAT (Known Answer Test) requirements in the POST process that were burning up most of those cycle. In consultation with a CMVP test lab we determined that it should be possible to substantially reduce that performance penalty in a new validation.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what this means?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.