[openssl-users] Verifying the sha1 of fipscanister.o with what is embedded in libcrypto.so

Satya Das satya at attivonetworks.com
Tue Mar 15 00:30:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a simple problem I am trying to solve. I have built a fips capable openssl shared object (.so). I also have the sha1 hash of the fipscanister.o in a file called fipscanister.o.sha1. I also have the sha1 hash of fips_premain.c in a file called fips_premain.c.sha1. In order to make sure the build is good, I want to make sure that the .so was indeed built with these versions of fipscanister.o and fips_premain.

Is there a way to do this ? I am on centos 6.6 x86_64 and linking to object module 2.0.11 from openssl 1.0.1e with patches.

Thanks