[openssl-users] Verifying the sha1 of fipscanister.o with what is embedded in libcrypto.so

Satya Das satya at attivonetworks.com
Tue Mar 15 04:26:54 UTC 2016

Hello Ethan,

I am tweaking the centos rpmspec to use my fips object module.  That seems to be downloading source tar ball, patching etc.

Please note that the sha1 of the so is not so interesting as the embedded sha1 check inside so (when one calls FIPS_mode_set). Essentially if I can get the embedded sha1in the so, I can compare that with the sha1 I have as part of the object module I have built. I am assuming the embedded sha1 is that of fipscanister.o.

Hope that makes sense ?

Thanks.