[openssl-users] Verifying the sha1 of fipscanister.o with what is embedded in libcrypto.so

Satya Das satya at attivonetworks.com
Tue Mar 15 06:07:02 UTC 2016

Hello Jakob,

Thank you for the information. So what you are saying is the object module build that generated the SHA1s are not the ones that are embedded. That makes sense.

So then what would be the best way to validate the build to have consumed the right object files ? Is there a way to generate the embedded sha1 sum from a given fipscanister.o (or other artefacts from object module build process) ?

Also how do I locate the embedded sha1 in so ? Is it a symbol I should look for in gdb ?

Thanks.