[openssl-users] Verifying the sha1 of fipscanister.o with what is embedded in libcrypto.so

Satya Das satya at attivonetworks.com
Tue Mar 15 21:24:13 UTC 2016

Hello Steve,

Even if a vendor letter is good for CMVP, how is the vendor supposed to know ?

I would say openssl should give such a tool so that vendor and the testing Lab can know such things. It is more than critical that the applications link to the intended crypto module. This convoluted and complex object module linking etc. with 207 page user guide is specific to openssl's approach to FIPS, and therefore should be addressed by the project. It should not come down to some vendor document written in good faith.

Thanks again for your comments.