[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] Storing session in file and reusing at client side

Shubham Chauhan shubham13099 at iiitd.ac.in
Mon May 2 16:33:18 UTC 2016

Thanks Viktor.

> Client-side sessions can be serialized via i2d_SSL_SESSION and the
> resulting binary data can be stored in a file for reuse by a client
> via d2i_SSL_SESSION() followed by SSL_set_session() (which copies
> the session, so you can free the session obtained via d2i at that
> point).
>
> I did this thing using PEM_write_SSL_SESSION and PEM_write_SSL_SESSION
respectively, which seemed to work for the server side session handling.
But when I use the above mentioned methods, it gives me that illegal
parameter (47) error.
As a matter of fact, I was able to load the session_id into the Client
hello message, and even the server method responded with the same
session_id. But the next message was the fatal error which terminated the
handshake.

> Of course the client needs to want to reconnect to the same SSL
> peer with the same security policy, otherwise session reuse is
> unwise.
>
> I ensured I am using the same client_method (security policy), but still
can't figure out why the error comes up.

> --
>         Viktor.
> --

Regards