[openssl-users] good riddance to PayPal

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Fri May 6 08:37:35 UTC 2016

On 06/05/2016 00:59, Steve Marquess wrote:
> On 05/05/2016 06:34 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
>> What about stripe?

> I think I may have looked at that before, but I'll revisit it.
>
> Note we would qualify to have a direct "merchant account" with one of
> the major credit card processors, but found out there is a requirement
> that the web site on which payments are processed be located in the U.S.
> Our servers are all in Europe, appropriately so.
There are global payment processors in Europe too, usually
covering only companies/websites in one country.

For example our web sites currently accept payments via a
Merchant account in our home country, set up via a local
dedicated payment front end service known as DIBS, which
does the heavy lifting of being PCI certified, and also
assures our customers that their credit card details are
never shared back to our servers.  Basically, the end
user enters their credit card on their site during the
transaction, and we get the final result as they link back
to our site at the end.  Of note is that while our company
is in the country of the Merchant account and service
provider, our servers are elsewhere entirely.

So it should be possible to find a similar service in the
country where the OpenSSL is legally based, but please
avoid services that make users set up accounts or
otherwise complicate the transaction, such as
"Money Bookers" or PayPal.

Enjoy

Jakob