[openssl-users] good riddance to PayPal

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Fri May 6 13:14:26 UTC 2016

On 06/05/2016 13:45, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> Consider having the non-U.S. person do the account setup too.
>>
>> Banks are as scared of US jurisdiction as crypto engineers.
> Yeah, we've done that.  Even to the point where one of the team was going to get on a plane to fly to the Isle of Mann.
>
> It's amazingly painful and difficult and so far not productive.
>
> If folks want to give OpenSSL money, mail a check or cash.
I was thinking of the more simple solution of setting up
the account in the same non-US bank where the team member
does his other business.  Lots of this tends to get easier
when the person is an existing customer and the bank is
nearby.

Each non-US team member presumably has at least one existing
bank relationship and presumably knowledge and/or easy access
to information on how to set up an independent legal entity
in his/her own country.

Enjoy

Jakob