[openssl-users] good riddance to PayPal

Steve Marquess marquess at opensslfoundation.org
Thu May 12 13:39:28 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 06:04 PM, Johann v. Preußen wrote:
> i am sorry if i have wasted your time on non-profit formation and
> taxation issues when i put my CPA hat on. i originally meant to point
> out some banking alternatives and how to make certain you could qualify
> and control such with the non-profit formation as a means and California
> as a low-cost conduit.

Not a waste; despite working these issues for some time I remain ever
hopeful that there is indeed a simple solution that has to date escaped
us. Or even a complex one for that matter.

I have also conflated other issues in what started out as an online
payment thread :-)

> if you are already set up in DE, you can take advantage of the free
> in-/out-ACH, web API's, and mass-pay at dwolla (tied to any existing
> bank account(s) you have now or in the future) and
> internationally-scoped banking through Citi or some such. i suggested
> Ally Bank only because they offer free services: in-bound SWIFT,
> in-/out-bound domestic US wire transfers, and checking. also, their $10
> fee for out-bound SWIFT is the lowest i know of for non-analysis (low
> running-balance) checking acct's.

Citibank and Ally are both U.S. banks, we already have multiple U.S.
bank accounts. We don't do a lot of transactions (other than online
donation payments) so the per-transaction fees are not a major
consideration, nor are they onerous with our current U.S. bank.

Dwolla I'll call when they open for business. I suspect we'll run into
the U.S. web server location issue, but I'll check.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation