[openssl-users] openssl-1.1.0 - static linkage

Andrew Hartley andrew.hartley at taxcomputersystems.com
Wed May 25 10:20:32 UTC 2016

I have previously used openssl-1.0.2 and was using it with static linkage into my program on Windows.  I built it statically using the nt.mak file.  I have now downloaded the source for openssl-1.1.0 and wish to build it statically.  If I use the defaults, all builds fine with nmake and then installs into my path as setup with the prefix configure option.  If I then configure with no-shared to generate a static library, I gets loads of "error LNK2019 : unresolved external symbol" errors.

Would someone please advise me on how to successfully build openssl-1.1.0 statically.

Many thanks

Andrew

http://www.star.net.uk