[openssl-users] openssl-1.1.0 - Linker error on Windows

Andrew Hartley andrew.hartley at taxcomputersystems.com
Wed May 25 11:19:40 UTC 2016

I've built the openssl-1.1.0 library with no-shared config option on Windows.  I've linked the library to my application and fixed the few issues with EVP_MD_CTX deprication.  When I build my application I get the following link errors:

1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertFreeCertificateContext at 4 referenced in function _capi_free_key
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertGetCertificateContextProperty at 16 referenced in function _capi_get_prov_info
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertOpenStore at 20 referenced in function _capi_open_store
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertFindCertificateInStore at 24 referenced in function _capi_find_cert
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertEnumCertificatesInStore at 8 referenced in function _capi_find_cert
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertCloseStore at 8 referenced in function _capi_find_key
1>libcrypto.lib(e_capi.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CertDuplicateCertificateContext at 4 referenced in function _capi_load_ssl_client_cert

Any advice on how this is to be fixed?

Andrew

http://www.star.net.uk