[openssl-users] SSL problem related to ServerName directive

Akira Murakami murakami at acroquest.co.jp
Thu May 26 11:22:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to use Apache 2.2.21 and Subversion 1.18.11 with OpenSSL 1.0.2h
on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I have a problem which is related to ServerName directive on httpd-ssl.conf.

When I type in the host name of URL such as "www.example.com" on ServerName
directive, the Browser(IE) shows error message stating that "Internet
Explorer cannot display the webpage".

But when I type machine name of server on ServerName directive, the browser
shows correct page.
Even though I can access the browser with this method, I still cannot access
SVN client because of SSL hand-shake error.

Any help is appreciated.