[openssl-users] OpenSSL non-blocking epoll hanging on data receiving

counterpoint martin at black-sheep-research.com
Tue May 31 07:35:20 UTC 2016

Fixed the problem in the end, using eNULL was useful to get the full picture.
The issue my assumption that if there was data available to process (after
read ahead was turned off) then SSL_pending would tell me so. But it seems
that when the data extends beyond a single block (with OpenSSL imposing a
16K block size limit) it is necessary to keep reading after a successful
read, as there may be more data available from the next block. I haven't
seen any more positive way to know if there is data to process than simply
repeatedly reading until no data is received.