[openssl-users] libraries after the build for WIn platform

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:46:51 UTC 2016

Hi Ernst,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Ernst Maurer <ernst.maurer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply,
> I've tried to build dynamic version (import lib + dll) so I see the libs
> like:
> openssl.lib
> libcrypto.lib
> capi.lib
> and some other ones,
>
> so do you mean that libeay32 and ssleay32 some depricated version ? and
> recommend me to go throu the git history for a looking for? (of course, I
> built from the head of git.)
>
> P.S. I need this for the linking with Microsoft REST SDK (aka Casablanca)

There are two generations of OpenSSL in flight at the moment:

- 1.0.2, the 'old' one. Libs are named libeay32.* and ssleay32.*
- 1.1.0, the 'new' one. Libs are named libcrypto*.* and libssl*.*

1.1.0 was released quite recently, so there's a good chance existing
clients are more compatible with 1.0.2.

We're building 1.0.2 from released source packages so I'm not sure
about the details, but if you have a git clone there should be a tag
or branch you could check out.

- Kim