[openssl-users] After building 1.0.2h , ldd output shows current version as 1.0.0. How to CHange this , Why is this so ?

Wouter Verhelst wouter.verhelst at fedict.be
Thu Nov 3 12:58:40 UTC 2016

Hi Ishan,

On 03-11-16 12:29, Ishan Thakur wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> When I run "otool -L in MAC" , or "ldd in linux" machines I get the _current version_ of OpenSSL as 1.0.0 but I have built OpenSSL v1.0.2h , how to change this "current version" in the libraries.
>
> $  otool -L ./libssl.dylib
>    libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, _current version 1.0.0_)

You should NOT confuse the shared library version with the version of
the software package. The two are not related (except when the
developers misunderstand how library versioning works), and trying to
keep the two in sync is bound to make things break.

For more information, see
<https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/dsohowto.pdf>, §3.3.

--
Wouter Verhelst