[openssl-users] Does the OpenSSL site has translation for error codes: Error code is: 12

Rangari, Sahil (Sahil) srangari at avaya.com
Fri Nov 4 06:53:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have been looking for a description of what certain error codes mean on the OpenSSL site, but could not found any.

Earlier there used to be page for the error codes.

I would like to know what exactly this error means:

@20160901 11:09:17.372 #9768   <Tools> [.\emspopclient.cpp at 960]
EMSPOPClient::tlsconnect Server Response  Network Layer Error- Error message is: X.509 certificate has invalid signature
@20160901 11:09:17.372 #9768   <Tools> [.\emspopclient.cpp at 960]
EMSPOPClient::tlsconnect Server Response  Network Layer Error code is: 12

The above is a trace from an OpenSSL client.

Does it means that the certificate presented by the OpenSSL server is invalid OR
The CA chain at the client is invalid OR
The CRL is invalid

If you do have page that list the error descriptions then it would be good.

Thanks,
Sahil